1 meatball is 1 Smart Point
- 1 lb 93/7 lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- ½ cup of diced onion (dice really fine)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of reduced sugar ketchup (such as Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1oz of grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix together onion, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, cheese, ketchup, salt, pepper and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in ground beef and mix gently until combined. Do not overwork. Form into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
Original recipe located at: http://www.recipe-diaries.com/2018/02/27/1-smart-point-meatballs/