As I’ve renewed my commitment to eating better I’ve come across several recipes that use self-rising flour. Apparently it’s hard for some people to find in the store, so here’s a recipe for it.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Combine with your flour sifter. Store in an airtight container.
- For 2 cups flour: add 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For 3 cups flour: add 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt
- For 4 cups flour: add 2 tablespoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt
- For 5 cups flour: add 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- For 6 cups flour: add 3 tablespoons baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt